Thread: Sleep Question
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 03:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sleep zzzz

Calcium is supposed to mellow you out and help you sleep, and Calcium's companion, Magnesium does the same. Take both, or one or the other at bedtime with a little milk ( too much milk and you will need to get up and pee).
Like cs, I read at night, and a boring book will put me to sleep in no time. I prefer introductions, they're very boring.
When I wake up during the night I make sure to change position, which takes a bit of work, and then I think about what I'm going to wear the next day. For some reason that is the most sleep inducing thought, and I usually fall asleep before I've made any decision. It is also so inane and so neutral a line of thought that it doesn't give me bad dreams.
A comfortable bed that is not used for daytime napping is a big help.
This subject is really not one into which I have deep insight, so my advice is not worth anything to those with real sleep problems. I sleep well. I don't often sleep more that 5 - 6 hours at night, but for a PWPD that is a good, long night's sleep. I don't take sleeping pills, I hope I never need to, but I can understand the desperation that makes one give in after long periods of sleeplessness.
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote