View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 11:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster View Post
cs, your description of your pre pd days certainly sent me thinking. i have always enjjoyed working with my hands, from commercial fishing and fish guiding to farming and pottery. this past monday at work i moved a bunch of 6x6x20' posts, some 80# concrete bags, and then worked on my phd-(thats post hole digger). well, i couldnt move very well and after getting home and strggling through dinner and bedtime with my daughter i had to crawl on my hands and knees to get to my bed. tuesday was a real strggle for me.

i havent started any pharmaceticals yet. so i ve never experienced ons and offs. but i know now what feeling symptomatic is like. i have an intentional tremor and it messes with my chewing and swallowing and my voice and facial expression. bradekinesia and rigidity.

i read in here somewhere that over sixty percent of pwd dont starttaking drugs the first year. how long did you go? i am starting to get an idea of what being disabled means. it wierd and i dont know what to say.

I didnt take meds for a while either, and when I did it was a small dose of Mirapex which didnt do much..I wasnt suffering by any means, but I wasnt feeling anywhere near as good as I feel now that Ive finally got a good drug regimen going..I stayed away from Sinamet for a year after my dx because I was under the impression that I could avoid dyskenisia for a few years..Not everybody gets dyskenisia..Looking back, that train of thought kept me down..Sinamet is the best thing that I could have done for my condition..It keeps me active, it keeps me functioning, and it keeps me fishing..I can totally relate to what you are talking about..I felt the same way

I dont have off periods yet either..It actually still takes a while to figure out when I am late for my dose of meds..Ive had days when I have forgotten to take my morning meds, because a good nights sleep still charges the batteries so to speak..I will realize it around noon time or early afternoon if Im just hanging around the house..If Im doing some work I figure it out alot sooner because I strt getting very fatigued, very quick