View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 12:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can't believe this! You just said more to me that makes sense than years of dealing with doctors. I've always wondered why the doctors would not connect my thyroid disease with the neuropathy. They just tell me 'small fiber idiopathic neuropathy.'
I pulled some old records and found I was tested in 2005 by my neurologist for Sjogrens Antibodies (in range), and another test for Hu Immunoreactivity (negative). Since then, nothing more. So, do I ask for more tests? I have to do something. I feel like I'm really losing ground now.

I did see the heart doctor today. She ordered bilateral lower extremety doppler for Friday. My legs hurt so much to walk now. This is aching, heavy, cramping pains -- in addition to the increased PN pain. Both legs were swollen today(but the leg with knee surgery still 5" bigger round than other one) - Edema she says, and she says the pain can be from another something, not vascular, but that we need to see. I guess I do have multiple health issues.

I'm apologize. I'm really not trying to whine. I read so much here, from others, who have it far worse than me. I am so grateful to you all. Just to have a place to come and sit awhile and know I'm not alone. I will look at lizajane.org now and the information about IVIG (which I know nothing about).

I'm open to any other thoughts or ideas!

You're all in my prayers,
Carrie
Carrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote