View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 02:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I just don't understand...

I don't understand how I can have sooo much pain and the doctors just brush it off like I am not being truthful or that I am exaggerating my symptoms. I feel the pain, I feel the effects of lack of sleep, I feel the confusion, and most of all I feel the fatigue.

Each of these of course, feed of each other. I get that. I understand that. Sure it could be do to my fibromyalgia and CFS, but when I have pains that are so strong in places that aren't normal, they just brush it off.

For instance, I have been having a pain on my left side right above the rib area. You could even say it might be my top rib sticking and prodding me until I can't take it no more. I tell my doctor and he just says "I don't know what that can be, but I don't think it is something to be concerned with". Uh, how do you know if you don't check it out and know what exactly is wrong? I know that part of it is my fault for not standing up to the doc and saying "hey look, check it out or I will find someone else to". But when you are made to feel so stupid over the years for asking questions, you kind of just give up.

Another example, the other day I called my doctor and asked him to refer my to an endocrinologist (I don't have a HMO plan and I don't need a referral, but the office I called will only except patients if a doctor calls and schedules it) and he refused to give me one. He said he can do all the blood test that an endo can do. My concern is with my twitching all the time, my inability to loose weight, and other symptoms. Someone here gave me the advice to check out my thyroid for hypothyroidism or thyroidtoxicity. So I asked him if he would do all the blood test for that, the antibodies, TSH, T3, T4 and TRH. He said he didn't think I had thyroid problems, but "if I insisted" they would do the test. "Uh, well yea, that is why I called to get a referral".

I guess it all boils down to not really knowing what is wrong with me. The meds that I take for fibro don't work, the meds for depression barely work, pain meds don't do a thing and I have went through the whole concoction of meds. I am very tired of trying to find out what is all wrong with me. Maybe I am crazy or overexaggerating. Maybe I focus too much on my pain and not enough on getting a job. Can't get a job, because I am too tired and hurt too much. Oh well maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

I guess I have no questions. Just wanted to rant. Thank you for letting me do that.

M

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome '97, Chronic Sinusitis '97, Chronic Pain '04-present, Degenerative Disc Disease '86, Depression '88, Fibromyalgia '00, RLS+PLMD '04, Severe IBS '05 Non-Epileptic Seizure Disorder '08
hurtsobad73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote