Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new member

Hello,
My name is Kristin and my husband, Richie, suffered a severe TBI about a little over a year ago. We had just moved to the mountains of Colorado and he was enjoying riding a bicycle to work every day. Three months after our move, he was hit by a car on his way to work; he was not wearing a helmet that day..... Now, our lives have been changed forever and I wish every day that it would go back to the way it was before the accident. I wish that he had just suffered some broken bones and not such a trauma to his head.

Considering the fact that all the doctors told me he probably wouldn't wake up from his coma, I think he is doing very well. He walks with a cane and he really doesn't have any memory problems or significant personality changes. He has double vision and so wears glasses with prisms, but he has a hard time seeing small things. His biggest issue right now is the constant dizziness that he feels (lightheadedness) and it has been going on 5 months now. I feel so badly for him. He has had inner ear fluid pressure tests and vestibular nerve tests and they have come back normal. He is having a test for inner ear fistulas in a couple of weeks and is attending a clinic at the Denver Ear Associates in an effort to find a cause for his dizziness and relieve it.

I am interested in any information anyone has to share on this topic of dizziness after a head trauma. We go to a chiropractor and I just found a cranial sacral therapist in our area and am considering getting him acupuncture as well. I read about Cosotin and Antivert and Gota Kola on your website and am wondering if I should pursue any of these medications/herbs.

I don't know if my husband has as much awareness as I do of all the support systems out here on the web....it actually makes him vomit to type (moving his head up and down to look at the keyboard and the screen). But I am looking for any support we can get so we can keeping working our way back to some sort of "normal" life. We were active mountain bikers and skiers/snowboarders and waterskiers before this terrible accident and now I feel like I have lost my best friend because he can't do any of these things right now. It's quite overwhelming....

So, that's it for now. I anxiously await any advice you all might have for us.

Kristin
kabbott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote