View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 02:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well my PM doc just pulled this treatment for TMJ out of his bag of tricks
I thought I would share it with all in case someone else wanted to give it a go.
He wants to give me botox injections deep into the TMjoint .I have to go straight from the botox injections to physio in the same morning so they can start working on relaxing the muscles right away.
As I have RSD and I am a wimp I will probably( absolutely) have to do this under general.It is a short process but the last thing I need is increased stress or a new trauma site for spread.
I am leaning towards this procedure.
My food options have become limited to those of an 80 year old ,and needless to say, besides the increased pain related to the syndrome, my TMJ is affecting my intimate relations in a negative way. My boyfriend ain't pleased
kissing everyone kissing- wild make out sessions - minds above the belt pardon the pun) ya ...OK

So I will give an update after I let myself be used and abused in this way.It seems to be a quicker solution to this long term problem that I have been working on for a while.The muscles just seem to want o go back to clenching.
It is their way of telling me "yikes - life is a little tough. I am worried" while I present a calm cool collected exterior :
Yes and I have swamp land in Florida for sale too

Much peace
GnP
Goodn'Plenty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote