View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 05:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hmmm that end of that last post sounded bad

i wasnt saying that you should be drug seeking....patients with chronic pain arent addicts, my point was to post something that would help you to find a doctor who patients in your condition live. i was initially seeing a pain management doc who was so out of his league he actually told me i should probably look for someone with more experience. he was an odd mx he was willing to say i cant handle your case but he had to much pride to give me the name of another one. so i found a local pain group and asked who people were seeing, more than a few named the pain doc i now see and she is great. funny thing is i was also on a pain forum for the city a hundred miles away because that was where i recieved my first scs. i came to the conclusion far to late that just because my doc was one of the few doesnt mean he was aan excellent physician. when i was thinking about getting the second scs i knew i was going to have to find a new doctor for it. i checked the forum and every time the awful doctors name showed up people responded with "ask your current doctor to find you someone else" or "i wouldnt trust this guy as far as i could through him while on the crutches im still on because of him."
anyway i know pain patients get the pain seeker label far to often i was just trying to suggest that when you are looking for a doctor for a procedure checking out a local forum is probably a good way to find the good or the bad.
i should probably make myself a rule to stay off line after i take my night time meds
Strong mind Strong body
wakegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote