View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I just scrounged up a book I had misplaced....

(I must confess I am organizing my life here a bit now, since I have retired..)

And I am rereading it because of this thread. It is just excellent and explains how low serotonin levels lead to carb cravings. And how amino acids get into the brain to make the various neurotransmitters, etc.

Title:
Food & Mood: The Complete Guide to Eating Well and Feeling Your Best, Second Edition (Paperback)
by Elizabeth Somer (Author) M.A. R.D, Nancy Snyderman (Preface) "What a miracle you are!..."

It is available on Amazon used starting at $3.18..and up.
$12.92 new

It is designed for the layman, easy language, many easy to read graphs and tables. It is over 400 pgs long, with a good bibliography.
It goes into carbs, proteins, nutrients, and how to balance them for desired mood control, and energy.
There is a list 3 pages long on all the hormones and peptides in the body and how they influence hunger/satiety. It's the most complete list I have ever seen!

So Kimmy and others here I strongly recommend you check it out of the library if yours has it, or order whichever version you can afford.
It has all the vitamins in it and other supplements (like Omega-3s), and some other surprises in it, including food choices.
Mine is the Second edition. (which is completely revised and updated)

You can read more about the book at Amazon.com
All of the reviews by others who have shared their opinions on the website, are all very favorable.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote