Thread: Zanaflex
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've been on Zanaflex for over 3 yrs. and it's helped me considerably. But, you have to work up to a higher dosage. While you can supposedly take more, it's my understanding (from my neuro and PM dr.) that the maximum safe dosage is 24 mg. a day. At first I was taking 4 mg. twice a day and 8 mg. at bedtime but I quickly learned that if I took 4 mg. during the day, I would be wasted. So I started taking 2 mg. during the day and 8 mg. at night. And most of the time I only take the morning dose and skip the late afternoon dose unless I really need it, because if I take it I'll fall asleep on the couch while I'm watching TV and will sleep through CSI! I usually take it and my other bedtime meds about 30 minutes before I plan to go to bed and when it kicks in I've GOT to go to bed or I'd be sleeping in the floor.....You'll probably just have to experiment until you find what works for you. According to my research, Zanaflex is given to people with MS and spinal cord injuries as well as people with chronically spasmed muscles. I also tried Baclofen but it didn't help at all.
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote