View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 02:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post YOu don't have to smoke it to get it in your system....and Thanks Sandel!!

Uhhhhhhh...
They are asking for folks that DO NOT smoke....or that haven't for at least 2 weeks prior to the study starting. It sounds to me like they would prefer folks that DON'T smoke. Probably so that they can see what, if any, affects this has on the lungs. That is just my guess on why....

Maybe I am giving out a little too much information here, smoking isn’t the only way that you can get the pot into your system. That is the most familiar way, but not the only way. LOL, I am sure that I am not the only one that knows about Brownies!! I am sure that there are other things that you can put it in to ingest it too...I just haven’t ever seen any.

Yes...it does change how things (Well...brownies, at least!) taste a bit. But, it isn’t all that bad. And, you still get some of the effects of the drug even after it has been cooked/baked. I don’t know that that would still be the case if you, say, used it instead of Oregano (or in addition to it) in your spaghetti sauce or something, as I don’t know if the simmering/boiling of it would change how it works. Maybe someone else has more information on it.

I will say that I DO NOT use it, as it is illegal in my State to use it in any way, shape, form or fashion...and I have never wanted to face the possibility of losing my kids had I been caught. That is to say, that I don’t use it now, or have ever on a regular basis. But I HAVE tried it (both before and since RSD), and can say that it helped to deal with my pain better than any pain med that I have taken yet. Not only that, but at the time that I DID try it after RSD, I was having stomach problems (ulcers, and one or more of the meds that I was on at the time was bothering and causing my stomach ot be upset and sick feeling a lot) and it not only helped with my high (SKY High at the time) pain levels, but ALSO settled my stomach. I have since learned that is one of the many benefits of pot, and why there are so many AIDS patients that are able to have it prescribed for them in different states. It helps to keep down other meds, when without it some folks wouldn’t be able to keep them down at all.

I hope to explore the whole Medicinal Marijuana possibility when I move back out West next Summer. I know that there are still problems with it being prescribed in some states who have made it legal themselves, because of the whole Federal issue. But, I figure that it doesn’t hurt to find out what I can.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sandel,
Thanks for putting up the info about this clinical trial. If I didn’t live all the way across the country, I would soooooo apply for it! I was fixing to turn this thing off and try to get a little sleep when I saw this post, so I haven’t had time to try to look up anything about it. I was wondering what the whole “Vaporized” thing is? You inhale it...but WHAT are you inhaling? It doesn’t sound like you are smoking the stuff.....but I don’t know? DO you know what/how they are talking about here? What is “Vaporized Marijuana”?

ROFL..I am getting pictures of them blasting it with something, and ....well...vaporizing it....and nothing being left. You know, kinda like a Jetsons or Star Trek type of vaporizing? I AM SURE that is wrong....and I will have to look up more. But, if anyone knows....it would be cool to have a bit of an explanation about what they do to it. Maybe I am not the only one that has that type of pic going through their brain?

Anyways..Thank you Sandel for posting about this. You always have such interesting posts.

Love and
Jose

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote