View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 03:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Hi - I am nervous!!!!

Hi there, I have never used a site like this before - just hope practice makes perfect! I have had post concussion syndrome for 6 years. Had a car accident 30 years ago lost conciousness fractured jaw, black eyes, and then approx 6 years ago had 2 bumps on my head which were supposedly minor but have had devasting results. It has been a nightmare with different assessments and the insurer trying to say there is nothing wrong me. Just because I look normal and sound normal!!! I am always tired, have to sleep in the afternoons, get dizzy when I am very tired, irritable, headaches feeling like my brain is being squeezed, can't tolerate noise and bright lights etc etc. I am being forced to work part time by the insurer - I loved my job previously but now find it a struggle. I have managed to retain some sense of humour. 2 weeks ago I bumped my head again - back to the really bad headaches and finding it hard to read again. - Writing this is a challenge!! I would desparately like to talk to somebody who has had long term pcs as until I found this site I was beginning to think that I am the only person who has had 6 years of this. I guess my other question is will it ever go away?????
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote