View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 06:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Gluten grains include, wheat, rye, barley and oats.

Chia seeds are gluten free.

The paleo. diet is a 'living off the land' type of diet and many people think it is the way humans "originally" ate.

Brown rice is great for some people. I have heard that many times.

There are people who do not do well with *any* wholegrains though (no one seems to really know why)... and wholegrains are often not even considered to be a possible culprit with problems like headaches and depression. That's why I like to mention them to be involved that way with us.

For 35 years, I suffered headaches/migraines and muscle spasms. I spent thousands of dollars on chiropractors, drugs, physiotherapy (some doctors believed it was stress) and one psychiatrist. These were all good people who helped me the only way they knew how to. Some achieved temporary results which were a relief but it meant that I was looking at a lifetime of therapy.

Then, something else happened in my life and I decided to do an elimination diet. I was like a new person, with a new lease on life!!! Grains were my biggest offender. Now, no therapy, no headaches, no muscle spasms, etc.

Most books promote wholegrains, even if they're gluten free. Wholegrains really just don't work well for some people though.

It's been six years for me, and I'll never look back. I'm in better shape over 40 than I was at 30!

I'll be looking into getting that book MrsD. It sounds really interesting! Thanks for the reference.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote