View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Jon,

I just tried the Neurontin a couple of days ago and it just basically knocked me out. I have been so tired and out of it. Today my eyes feel swollen.

It has made my bladder pain worse also. I have a disease called Interstital Cystitis and it made the pain so much worse. I have tried it before and the side effects just get to me. I know it works for a lot of people but I can't do it either. I'm a lot like your wife when it comes to taking meds. I have tried depression meds, pain meds, nerve pain meds, you name it and I just can't take them due to the side effects. I ended up falling a lot due to being on a lot of them from the dizziness they cause.

I am on Methadone, have been for over 4 years. My dosage is such a low dose that I have no side effects from it and it does help with the pain. A lot of people can't take it either. I am monitored enough by my Dr. that I feel safe with taking it. Like any other Narcotic, it can cause major problems just like any of the others. I have no side effects from it.

I think too what helped me is I have great Drs. and they jumped right in and did what they needed to do from the beginning. So that makes it easier for me so that I don't have to be on a lot more meds.

I think it's great that you are so helpful to your wife. Bill was ill for so long that we were kind of like the blind leading the blind when it came to helping each other with medical problems. He did try for awhile to keep up with what was going on with me but I just had too much going on. He did wait on me hand and foot though. You both are very lucky.

I hope she does finally find the right meds she needs to cut her pain down.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote