View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I just tried the Neurontin a couple of days ago and it just basically knocked me out. I have been so tired and out of it. Today my eyes feel swollen.
This is a good example of how meds affect everyone differently.

I have been on Trileptal for many years for nerve damage. I have no effects with it at all. There seems to be no difference with taking it. But it is a supposed to be long-acting drug, where you need to be on it for a while to get your system up to theraputic levels.

The way it was explained to me, it is not a direct pain reliever. But since "nerve wackiness" (how's that for a medical term? ) is the cause of idiopathic seizures and also RSD, there has been some success in using it for one of the treatments.

I have a very good PCP and a very good personal pharmacist who both watch my meds carefully. I have never heard either one be concerned about kidney damage, although I do get function checked at least twice a year because of other meds I am on.

My wife has mild epilepsy and has been on a variety of anti-seizure medications since 1979, with no kidney complications.

Mike

Last edited by bassman; 09-28-2007 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Added quote from Ada.
bassman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote