View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 10:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just checking in... Moving this weekend

Hi all,
I've been lurking. Live has been busy. We are moving this weekend.
Daughter #2 and Granddaughter are moving into their own apartment. Woo hoo! Daughter #1 is back to using drugs and still living with her fiancee. I have decided I just need to let her deal with that and I can't help her with her issues. I have to take care of myself right now.

I am exhausted with the packing and filtering of all the things. I've decided to really streamline my life and get rid of a lot of unnecessary things.

I know I had planned to get disability, but with my daughters situation, and my inability to find a place to live due to my bad credit, I decided to collect unemployment for a year and rent a room from a friend. The fear of having NO income, losing my car, and having no place to live was just too overwhelming. I couldn't "choose" to become a homeless person. That was just too drastic. I have one year of unemployment coming, so I chose to collect that while I work on trying to get my PN under control and my stress back to a manageable level.

I have a lot of unpaid bills still looming over my head from the divorce and I need to get them paid off before I can get an apartment. My credit is ruined and I have to fix that problem first.

By renting a room, I can keep my car, focus on my health, and get my stress under control. However, after December I will no longer have Health Insurance. In January I plan to return to work and if I can not keep up, then I will deal with it then. I've just got to take this one step at a time.

I can't imagine being a homeless person with PN. I have to be able to provide myself with a place to live, then from that point forward I will deal with the other issues.

I'll check back in a few days after the move to see how everyone is doing.

Hugs to you all!

Terri
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote