View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi John,

Vicc, has a good point about having to take the meds. I would take my Methadone no matter what anyone said to me unless the side effects kept me from doing it. It's a matter of trying to keep the pain level down.

Mike has a good point also about Drs. If your wife has a good Dr. then ask him to do the test when needed to check and see if the meds are affecting her kidneys, liver, or whatever.

Like Mike, I have the best PCP ever and I have a very good Pharmacist so I call Steve if I have some question about meds if I can't get my Dr.

I will say though on the side effects, I do question taking some meds when you see some of those side effects coming out and not going away. Bill was on a med for high blood pressure that I am sure most likely helped kill him. The Drs. would keep putting him right back on it. I could see the side effects from it and they were horrible.

A lot of time the Drs. don't even know all of the side effects due to the pharmaceutical companies leaving them out of the little book the Drs. use. I saw that first hand with Vioxx.

I do think you have a legitimate concern about the meds but my thought would be make sure your Dr. is doing the test needed to make sure she isn't being effected by the meds.

Ada

Last edited by dreambeliever128; 09-29-2007 at 08:59 AM.
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote