View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Melissa,

I had surgery almost 3 years ago and am worse off. I was 42 at the time and in good health. I had a surgeon in SF who's done 50-100 of these surgeries. He said I had an 85% chance of being better (though he couldn't predict how much better).

Just my two cents: if you are feeling better than you once did, then I don't think it's time for surgery. Maybe you can continue to do better. Surgery or not, you may never be able to do some of the things you used to do. Most of us still have to be very careful with activity, even when we've had surgery.

It's sometimes hard to think you have to continue with life the way it is. It is hard to imagine life can be more limited. But it can be.

I would echo Tam's suggestion about SSDI. I applied nearly 4 years ago and was finally approved, at hearing, a few months ago. I'm waiting for that check. It's worth the effort and don't give up when you get the initial denials.

Sorry if this just complicates your thinking. If you are having doubts, I think it's wise to listen to that little voice. I wish I had.

Good luck,
Kelly
kellysf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote