View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 12:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome aboard the PD express....

John- Hope you hang on here for years and years. We always can use another PWP with experience. I hope that you become a source of both comfort and inspiration to those who really need it.
I read your case with interest, sounds a bit atypical, but not really all that way out in the woods, you know by now that with this disease, almost anything can happen. The dystonia is common. It usually (?) hits us in the neck, and a diagnosis of "wry neck" is given, trouble is it lasts for 20 or more years.
Doctors are the damndest to deal with , aren't they. It's a good thing we have "the sinemet test", or some of us would be in the wilderness far longer. I've heard some real horror stories around here over the years. I hope you have lots of insurance, if not, try to "sneak" some in before they stamp PWP on your forehead!
Enjoy your "honeymoon"; you may feel OK for quite a number of years before the grade gets a it steeper. If you can, quit work and enjoy your honeymoon. I was given that advise by my boss, but was too stubborn to listen to him. G'day. cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote