View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 11:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mari,

When we moved into our condo (8+ years ago) I had the same problem with noise. It was just so loud here, neighbors, the neighborhood, peoples loud cars, the road being close, etc...

I started leaving the radio or TV on all day so that I could focus on "good" noise instead of the bad distracting noise, and that helped a lot.... and then after about a month I was completely used to the neighborhood noises and they stopped bothering me.

After about 2-3 months I was so used to the neighborhood sounds that I didn't even notice them anymore. We had my parents and siblings here for dinner and my dad made a comment about a neighbor banging their door loudly and I hadn't even noticed the noise at all. I had gotten to the point where I didn't notice the noise and didn't hear it.

So, yes, you will get used to the noise. Until you do get used to it a radio or TV might help so that you can focus on a noise that you like.

I hope that you adjust to the neighborhood and the noises soon.

Take care,
Liz