View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 02:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi

hi Melissa,

I had surgery in July 2005 and it was hellishly painful but WELL worth it. I was on so many medications that it would kill three people. I could do nothing and was ready to give up.

In the end the decision was not difficult as there was not any other avenue to take. I had no choice, surgery or more pain and live like that for the rest of my life. I had the surgery and had six months of amazing pain free life. I then went for physio and they totally botched up the work the surgeon had done.

I hope that you can think of things in the context of your life....can you continue the way you are living?? yes there are risks for surgery, but there for me anyway were risks to not having it.

I wanted to get on with my life so did it!! NO REGRETS despite the pain return.....I cope some what poorly I must say but we all have our issues right......lol

Fear is only lack of knowledge and you can research the surgery or call surgeons and ask what percent of people actually have the side effects so grave as nerve damage(more than already have) and claw hand.....

You could also end up getting hit by a bus tomorrow by walking out in the sidewalk....not me I don't leave the house much....

All things in life have risks...weigh the good and bad and come up with your answer.

Best of luck. Please free to PM me if you need help.

love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote