View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 03:22 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

I wonder if Alffe knows I get exhausted just reading about her travels - kudos to your energy level woman.

I wonder if anyone knows my Swedish friend's movie "Spirits for Sale" just won "Best International Film" in the South Dakota Film Festival. She's also entering the film at the Sundance Film Festival.

I wonder if we're going to catch any fish tomorrow morning. We're heading out to the same spot in MI (St. Joe River). If we leave early enough, I'll get to watch the sunrise on the way. I think it will be much more enjoyable for Geneva this time because the temps will be a little cooler. She really loved that spot in the sand under a tree. She molded herself a bed and stayed there the whole time.

I wonder if my friend across the street will win a trophy at her horse show this Sunday. It's my autumn treat to watch her compete because we were childhood friends. For years, she'd listen to me ramble on about my love of riding horses - knowing she'd never be able to do that because she has cerebral palsy. She now takes lessons at a stable for disabled people, and they put on a show every year.

It ticks me off that I can't ride anymore, but it tickles me pink to watch my friend Pat ride and even progress in her skills. I'm so impressed with the stable. It's immaculate, and the horses are treated like royalty. My friend's favorite/regular horse just turned 29, but he looks great and is healthy as a.....horse. It's a beautiful match all around. Disabled children/adults with gentle old retirees. The love in those barns is palpable.

My friend won't be riding her favorite horse though, but we'll visit him afterwards. Hank is a former Amish buggy horse, but his career was cut sort because he absolutely flips out if someone takes his picture. Not good for tourism. There are signs all over his stall saying "DON'T PHOTOGRAPH THIS HORSE!" Hank and I have a lot in common these days.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote