View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 07:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Carey

Thank you for posting this. I just left a rant on Tena's thread about how I think I ended up with a pD diagnosis in the first place...but that's another story. I learned that the people who were my parents were likely not my biological parents (truth is stranger than fiction) and so I have no reliable family history to look at. I am tremor dominant and my tremor responds well to a heavy dose of sinemet. But I have no other signifigant signs of PD. My tremor has gotten worse over time and is hugely affected by my blood sugar levels and no amount of complaining to neuro or family doctor gets me anywhere. My A1C is under 6. The magic number in Canada for Diabetes.
The latest "odd" manifestation of my disease is that I wake up in the morning tremor free and can read, or knit or whatever, as long as I don't stand up or move around much I am fine. I take 50/200 + .5 mirapex, and as soon as that stuff hits my brain It kicks in my tremor in my legs. As soon as that starts I have to get out of bed and start moving around or it escalates into an unmanageable tremor and I'm stuck for who knows how long. I am frustrated and angry because so far nobody can explain why this happens. When I'm on, I am fully functional. People who don't know I have PD can't tell there is anything wrong with me. My handwriting is still very good, I get compliments on it regularly. I'm reasonably cognizant (??) but sitting at a computer or other "no movement" activities cause my meds to get quite unreliable. My treadmill is my best friend. My neuro has all sorts of ideas about stretching out my sinemet, but we can't get my body to budge off its two hour schedule. I rarely have dyskinesia unless I seriously overdose...I could go on, but I bore the hell out of myself. .. so do I fit this criteria too? To say PDs a strange disease is a gross understatement!