View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 08:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am one who does actually have liver tests done, more than once a year usually. It is not due to what I am taking though. I do take Neurontin, Morphine Sulfate & OxyCodone for BTP.

I happen to have an enlarged liver which was found Oct 03 & I was DX'ed in May 07. I do believe I had the beginnings of RSD which started Spring/Summer of 03 with "Nerve Wackiness" as bassman called it. I like the term alot *LOL* I do not have a sick liver the doctors tell me. I do have one test that is slightly elevated but nothing to be super concerned about but in which we do now watch. This started last Spring. I do not drink alcohol nor do I use Tylenol anymore. At this time without doing a biopsy on my liver it is not considered to be what they call a "sick" liver. They consider my having a biopsy to be more risky than not doing one. But even though I have an enlarged liver no one is considering taking me off Neurontin, Morphine Sulfate, or OxyCodone. I do trust my doctors. (the enlarged liver was found during an echo which was done looking to see if I had any weakness in the abdominal artery to make sure I wouldn't have an abdominal aneurysm. My Dad died of this & it is hereditary)

I will try to let ya'll know if I am taken off any of these drugs due to problems with my liver. I will try but the way the ole memory works lately don't count on it. Like Vic I would have to really think this over as whether I could actually stand to live without taking these meds. They are the only thing that lets me stay even remotely sane. Like Vic, I would rather not know at all. Unfortunately, I will probably end up knowing................*sighing*

DebbyV

Last edited by Debby; 09-28-2007 at 08:26 PM. Reason: a remark I made needed some clarification
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote