View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 12:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

(((((hugs)))))

I don't have any answers for you but wanted you to know we are thinking of you and hoping you get some answers soon.

My daughter also seems to have headaches periodically. She is non-verbal, so it is very frustrating to try to solve the mystery, but she just sometimes seems to be in real pain- can't tell if it's head, stomach, brain, whatever. But I suspect headaches. We stopped dairy for about 7 months (for a different reason- she had terrible reflux). We didn't see any difference in the pain issue but her reflux did disappear. We reintroduced dairy last week and she is no longer a spitty girl, so it was worth it for that alone.

Langan was also a cheese and milk queen, but we found substitutes she could live with. She ate pretzel goldfish instead of cheddar ones. And she LOVED almond milk. Fruit loops took over for other dairy related snacks. If we had tried to get rid of gluten at the same time, I'm not sure how we would have managed. But so many people have wonderful results when they go gluten free so it may be worth a try. We have been tempted but haven't taken that leap yet.

Good luck. We'll be checking in for updates and hope things get better soon.

(((hugs)))
Wendy, mom to Langan, the love of my life, born 7/19/02. Global delays, intractable seizures, mystery girl. VNS implanted 2/10/06, now on small dose of lamictal and fighting for seizure control, and wife to Jon, the other love of my life!!
langansmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote