View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 05:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

I'm new to the headache forum but not new to headaches/migraines.

For 30+ years I suffered headaches/migraines and muscle spasms. I spent thousands of dollars on chiropractors, drugs(was addicted to codeine in my late teens for head pain treatment), physiotherapy (some doctors believed it was stress) and one psychiatrist. These were all good people who helped me the only way they knew how to. Some achieved temporary results which were a relief but it meant that I was looking at a lifetime of therapy.

Then, something else happened in my life and I decided to do an elimination diet. I was like a new person, with a new lease on life!!! Grains were my biggest offender. Now, no therapy, no headaches, no muscle spasms, etc.

Most books promote wholegrains, even if they're gluten free. Wholegrains really just don't work well for some people though.

It's been six years for me, and I'll never look back. I'm in better shape over 40 than I was at 30! (And I haven't taken a single pill in all that time. Pretty good for someone who would go through a bottle a month during some phases of my life.)
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote