View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 10:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone! I have been away a few days, or I would have already been a part of this discussion

I'm glad this subject has been brought back up. If you search for medical marijuana on this forum, you will see it has been discussed in almost ALL the different forums. The medicinal properties of mmj are not limited to pain relief.

I have more problems than rsd, unfortunately. My biggest being I am also an aids patient. The effect of mmj on my ability to eat (and keep food down) is enormous. I am currently using Marinol, a synthetic substitute for mmj that is legal everywhere. The us gov't okay's it because they can control it, unlike mmj. But I'll leave the discussion about my views on the gov't and major pharmaceutical co.s for a later post, lol!

As for pain control, the Marinol's are not so good They do help the other pain drugs work better, but I still have to take the same number of pharmies. The mmj is MUCH better.

Vaporizing is the best method yet to be devised for consuming mmj but the machine is pretty expensive. The next best method, imo, is eating it. You do not just stick the mmj in any recipe, in it's true form... you either eat it raw in a salad, or you make butter. Once the butter is made, you strain out all the stalks and seeds (if there are any, you might be better off planting them instead of using them in butter, lol). You get a green butter out of it that can be put to many uses, from brownies to cinnamon toast.

I wish that I could go back to using the "real thing" instead of taking the synthetic, but the laws are clear. As I am currently on the gov't dole <SIGH>, I can't afford to take any chances. You will lose your SS benefits if you get caught by the feds. The chances of that are slim to none, of course... but I am an aids/rsd/epilepsy patient who needs her medicaid to stay alive.

But all this makes me miss northern Ca. too much. I have never felt so at peace or closer to God than I did there. Humboldt county is in the "Emerald Triangle", the major growing area. It is a beautiful place, and one in which a mmj patient can walk out in public smoking a joint. I have seen many a grey-haired grandma light up as they leave the grocery store.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote