Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 10:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Introduction

Hi,
I found this site today, because of a question on Prolotherapy. it is a wonder that this wonderful treatment is still shrouded in mystery. Look for my answer to the thread postdd today.
I am certified in Sports Medicine,May major interest is in the identificationof the specific structures that are injured: e.g. a ligament sprian, rather than "low back pain", or injury of the 3 lateral ligaments of the ankle, rather thatn "ankle sprain." I was taught this principle and the methods by the late James Cyriax of England and a number of teachers who were his students, who came to the U.S. to teach. The subject is called "orthopedic medicine".

As Cyriax said: the treatment is easy; it is the diagnosis that is hard.

Besides my wife and chldren (21 and 23) work, my biggest passion is running. I tell everyone I am a"recovering runner"; 40 years of running, always punctuated by some injury and then I start again. Also, I enjoy cooking, and have a large art collection, mainly contemporary ceramics and latin american folk art. I also adore movies, especially any non-horror science fiction movie ( or on TV, for that matter).
Irwin Abraham MD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote