View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by putterfit View Post
Well I would not have expected anything less from Cindy and I know just how she feels. Asked my 89 year old MIL to take me on a couple of errands today she wanted to do everything for me in the grocery store. I can not stand it.

We are not going to move to that house and I will find one that I like.

I have always been a very stubborn and independent person and plan on staying that way.

Thanks everyone.
Good for you Mike!

Stay away from toxic people. If your MIL won't let you do things your way, give her choices - she can see you on your terms or not see you at all.

Not to steal your thunder on this thread, but I've had to do that with my in-laws. They have chosen to ignore the fact that I have MS. If we don't talk about it, it doesn't exist...so that's what happens.

As you know I have been in a clinical trial since last January and I go to Portland for tx. That's where they live. I will not stay with them b/c they don't allow me to be "sick" after my shots. So, I stay with my brother or a friend. I feel like I have been run over by a truck for 24 hours after tx, and need rest, sleep, and not be on a time schedule.

My H says I should stay with them and just go with the flow. He doesn't get it either. I am the one who is sick, not him, not them. I am the one who suffers if I do it their way, not them. If they were sick, I would most certainly bend over backwards to accommodate them, but they can't see it. Therefore, I just avoid them. It's their choice.

Last time over, I did stay there b/c we had a family wedding to attend. (H went with me.) What happened? FIL was sick with a cold. Didn't bother to mention it. Guess who is now very sick with that same cold - ME. And not just a simple cold - sinus infection, too. If I had known he had a cold, we would have stayed elsewhere. To them, it's just a cold, no big deal. Geez...

Rant over...back to you Mike...do it your way! It's easier on you, less stress. And you have control. It's your life.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote