View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Confused, Can someone help?

I've had symptoms of peripheral neuropathy since May, which at the time, it appeared I had a virus. Not sure if that was a cause, or just what slowed me down enough to really notice my other symptoms. I have numbness/pins/needles/sharp fleeting pains/joint aches/Restless leg syndrome being rx'd w/ Requip. pins/needles/numbness from nose and across jaw line.. hands/feet/arms/legs/sometimes in spine area.

I have had testing of blood for: HIV, STDs, vitamin deficiencies, autoimmune diseases (1st ANA postive 1:1280 all others neg) TSH, blood cultures, urine cultures, kidney function, liver function, CBC, basic glucose levels and basic thyroid levels and on... all normal levels

I have had MRI's of brain w/ and w/out contrast - unremarkable.
MRI of lumbar spine: herniated L5 (knew that since 1992)
MRI of cervical spine: stenosis, spurs, encroachment on nerve sac in C5/6 (If I recall correctly) 2-lesions w/ suggestion of a bone scan

EMG/NCS normal --

toning fork test results: vibration felt for more than 10 seconds

Having a 2 hr glucose tolerance test on Tuesday.

Beginning PT for lumbar and cervical issues.

Has anyone had these test results w/ these symptoms?

I truly feel I am going nuts. I won't medicate beyond the Requip til we figure out whats going on. I have a "need" to diagnose before treating symptoms, it just makes sense to me. I agreed to the Requip because I was NOT sleeping well at all, which added to all my symptoms.

Please.. anyone have any clues about this?
babs3169 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote