View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 09:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Nootropil

Nootropil is known as a Nootropic substance or smart drug, commonly used to improve cognitive functions such as recall, concentration and intelligence. This class of drug has no sedative or psycho stimulating effects, so will not impact the central nervous system. It is recommended for the treatment of attention and memory disorders, and any associated physical manifestations.

How Does Nootropil Work?

The human nervous system deteriorates with age, due in part to the oxidation process. This process destroys brain cells and forms free radicals that cause further damage. Nootropics deactivate free radicals and repair some of the earlier damage by stimulating dormant communication chemicals. They act on the brain by minimizing damage and natural deterioration to brain functions; they repair existing damage, and they enhance a range of cognitive functions to beyond levels that are considered normal. Nootropil targets the Corpus Callosum, the area of the brain that joins the two hemispheres, and allows the user to draw on greater brain potential.

What Is Nootropil Used To Treat?

Nootropil is recommended for the treatment of attention and memory disorders that are associated with age related neurodegenerative illnesses. It has been used to improve alertness, cooperation, socialization and IQ in elderly psychiatric patients suffering from mild diffuse cerebral impairment. Additionally, it has slowed deterioration in senile involution dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

Aside from its more obvious applications, it has been used successfully to treat alcoholism and alcohol withdrawal syndrome in animals and man. Furthermore, it has enhanced reading comprehension, spelling accuracy, and verbal skills in dyslexic children.

Nootropil Liquid has the added benefit of being easy to administer, especially for those who have difficulty swallowing tablets and capsules. It can easily be mixed with either juice or water as desired.

From what I understand Nootropil is a suppyment and cost about $22. for a bottle Of 120 caplets.I have not heard of this supplement and I worked in a health food store for two years, so it may be new or just something we did not carry. But it is sold in the USA I can get the site if you want. Sorry I can't help more.

Piracetam

Last edited by carose; 09-29-2007 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Additional info
carose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote