View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 06:12 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi again John,

Like many, I didn't do well on Neurontin because of its side-effects. When science must try to replace what God created, it never does quite as well as the original, but in the case of anti-seizure meds, multiple attempts have given us greater hope of finding one that works well and that many of us can tolerate.

My doc switched me to lamotrigine (Lamictal), which can have some serious side-effects, but they are well-understood and easily identified, so there is little risk of long term consequences. It worked well for me.

I think since these drugs work so well for so many of us, it is worth the effort to find one that works.

The major problem I see with using GABA drugs to flood a relatively few synapses is that GABAs are commonly used throughout the body. They inhibit neurotransmission, so other synapses are over-inhibited, but no major problems have been identified yet.

I hope you guys will keep looking in this direction, and that you find something that gives the pain relief I found...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote