View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 09:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Vicc, loved your "study" report I haven't laughed like that in way too long. Thank you!

I thought I might be able to help you on several points you made in your last post. I hope you don't mind, it's not like I am trying to shove mmj down your throat. I just want you (and everyone else) to know a few things.

Quote: "I don’t credit the pot for the fact that I began to gain weight, but I think it was/is at least partly responsible."

Oh, it absolutely IS a major factor in your weight gain. That's why the dr.s give aids patients the synthetic version, Marinol... to get you to eat and keep your weight up.

"For example... me. When I am legally allowed to have mmj, I weigh 100 lbs. When I am not allowed, my weight hovers around 85, even with Marinol and Boost (a nutritionally correct meal in a shake kind of thingy). People look at me like I'm a meth user... I have been called a tweaker to my face.

The up side of this need to eat is two-fold: Not only do you keep your weight up, but you support our nation's economy by making "munchy runs" to the nearest mini-mart!

Quote: "I enjoy being high, but only once-in-a-while. I can’t imagine trying to function, much less write about RSD, if I used pot 24/7. I think it would stop being enjoyable."

Being high is fun, no doubt about it. But the point of mmj is to relieve pain, not get high off it. I'm sure you don't take extra oxy's to get high. With practice (LOL) you will learn how to tell when you have had enough to "relieve pain" but not get too high to think straight. You seem to have the same results I do... using mmj makes my meds last longer and work better, but using only mmj is not as effective as the combo.

As a matter of fact, you should all know that different types of mmj have different side effects. Some give you what is called "couch-lock"... you are too high to move. Others perk you up and give you more energy, making leaving the house possible. Some relieve pain more than others... and rarely, but it does happen, one type will increase your pain by making your blood pound. At least, it has happened to both me and my "hubby" in the past.

But I'm not knocking getting high once in a while, either, lol. Sometimes it is good for a person to be too relaxed to do anything other than contemplate the state of the world their lives, their spirituality, whatever. You can use it as a spiritual aid, you see... you don't have to veg out in front of the t.v. eating a whole bag of Cheetos. That's fun too, though.

Michael says to tell you all that if he hadn't been high, he would never have learned how to code websites, lol! And he's danged good at it, he is starting his own web-design company (wish him luck).

Quote: "Telling a few dozen people about it might not sound like it would make any difference in a country nearing a population of 300 million, but it’s a start; and every journey begins with a first step"

Absolutely correct! But it doesn't have to stop here at NeuroTalk, either. I play in several different gaming leagues on different sites. If anyone here visits chat lines, then they have the opportunity to spread the word too. People everywhere are the same: they complain when they are in pain! So, when the discussion turns to, and it inevitably does, pain meds... that's when I jump into the discussion. People everywhere, from all walks of life, are eager to hear more about it. Of course there are some who are dead-set against it.

When some 75 year old Grandma (or an aids/rsd patient like me) tells people she wishes she had some to try, or that she has tried mmj and it works... people are usually willing to hear the truth. Many end up saying that they know someone with chronic pain, and they'll ask them about it. Others say immediately "my Mom has cancer, I'm going to get her some".

Well, this post is long enough already, lol. I just hopes that discussing this helps some of us in some way.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote