Thread: back pain
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 11:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My RSD is in my entire back, spread there months ago. I have back pain- the burning pain, stabbing pain (it goes right through my abdomen often), deep muscle aches and spasms all the time.

I find that lying on my back is often too much, and it increases the pain... so I found that lying on my side with a pillow in between my legs helps with the pain.

Also, back stretches help sometimes- like laying over a pillow/ huge therapy ball and shifting weight off/on knees and palms. It hurts a ton (definitely much more so at first), but it does relieve a little bit of the stiffness. I cannot do the stretches as much anymore because of my tremors I would fall and break my neck without assistance, but I'd definetely recommend you try stretching.

You may want to try a little bit of desensitization exercises, and remain wearing clothes on your affected area! If you stop it is much harder to get back into it.

I hope this helps, many ((pain free hugs)) as you deal with RSD in your back. It isn't easy-- hang in there!
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote