View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 02:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

yes, I dx'ed hashimotos this year, but had low basal body temps and extreme emotional instability (a sure sign of thyroid issues) a minimum of 5 years ago. I had racing heartbeat and other hyper thyroid symptoms from midway through my third pregnancy 2.5 years ago, If one of my two OB's had thought to have me tested, my muscles might have been in better shape when i was doing yoga and injured myself to get TOS at 33, about 1.5 years ago.

thyroid and TOS are not neccessarily only for old women. younger women started using computers more and earlier. Frankly i keep my little kids off, figuring they'll do plenty of computer work when they are in school. I worry about my teen and her bad posture, started taking her to the chiro with me for preventative maintenance and someone who is not me to reinforce the need for good posture. Also, since now i know of my own thyroid problems, we can keep a closer eye on her to catch a problem earlier than 5 at least 5 years after the fact. I think thyroid is just better dx'ed today, not really more or less prevalent.

[edited at request of Mods]

Last edited by johannakat; 09-30-2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: honor request from Moderator
johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote