View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 02:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default at best ... narrow slice of your life

I understand medical professionals needing a system that identifies stages of deterioration or lists of certain deficits to assess levels of assistance, care, planning, physio, medication. But I have concerns about being labeled or pegged in 1 stage without considering many factors that influence a body’s behaviour or potential for improvement. I haven’t run from bad to worse in a purely chronological way. Some might say I’m just in denial. If I get a low grade temperature my meds may not metabolize for several days and I feel like one more clean shirt will do me. If you tested me cognitively when I first began Requip the report would indicate that the lobotomy was working. I’ve been nauseated and had it pass, fogged out and the fog has lifted and last month I barely left the house and was a shaky mess, but my drugs have clicked in again and I’m driving from Charlottetown to New Glasgow for my Grandmother’s 94th birthday Oct 5th. I know my health improves when I eat better, exercise and pour my pills the night before. Until a scale deals with finance, relationships, job stress, new meds, wearing off of old meds and a whole host of other variables, at best, staging might define a narrow slice of your life at a given moment. Besides, where’s that stage that says I’m fabulous, because I’m in the sunny south, munching on fava beans and drinking margaritas. Oh my…
wwally0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote