View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 06:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Not taking credit for anyone's work. These were copied from the old forum and in my files. If I wrote It, I'd say I wrote it. The resources and links that I posted here was something I have compiled over the years so I will take credit for putting those together. Kurtzze has been around for years and set the standard for MS disability scale in the early 80's. Anyone who thought I'd written that has not been in the MS community long.
Actually, you seem to be writing this for those unfamiliar with MS, so yes, people MIGHT have thought you'd written it since you are not sharing this info for those who have "been in the MS community long". But since we can't always get into the minds or backgrounds of our audience, general rules and guidelines have been developed so that there is no misunderstanding.

My concern is not that you take credit for your work Cherie. My concern is that you MUST provide credit if you did NOT write something yourself. Or not post it at all.

If you did not write something yourself (or acknowledge any material IN your written work to the appropriate sources), then you MUST NOT post it.

You said: "These were copied from the old forum and in my files". Unfortunately, that does not give specific credit to the specific authors and is insufficient. Copyright and plagiarism and all that silly stuff that lets people get the credit they deserve for writing somethin...

It's just important in health reporting (especially on forums where who said what might get mixed up) that you understand sourcing and attribution. And don't post if you are unable to provide the original source for the material. Lots of stuff regardless of attribution or sourcing STILL may not be posted by others without express permission of the author. It's important to know the rules.

Thanks.
wannabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote