View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 03:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Sue.
I'm hesitant, because my memory is what really seems to be the issue for me and unfortunately it has cost me my job a couple of times (but only AFTER I've told my employer about my surgery). It seems like after I tell them about my surgery they start looking for errors that I make or might make and scrutinize every little thing that I do (even though my actions are frequently the same as someone else's, I get in trouble for them). My last employer lost all confidence in me and my ability, even went so far as to question my "ability to learn" and whether or not they wanted to invest in on going job training for me even after they had told me in my initial job interview that they would pay for more training for me no problem. I even got fired once for my memory.
I'm building a pretty good relationship with my current supervisor (even going over to her house to play cards etc) and I know they have noticed the memory. One of my other coworkers told me the other day that I have a terrible memory and I so wanted to explain myself, but I didn't dare.
Know what I mean? Even though I know they can get in big trouble it seems like they make up other reasons to cause me problems, its so easy to do in the working world when you want someone gone. I just don't want to go through that again.