View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 04:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Stef,
I understand very well where your coming from regarding not wanting to tell your employer about your E. and problems with your memory. I had a lot of problems getting a life ins. policy once they found out I had E. but within time I found a co. that didn't increase my rates so I was able to get a policy.
I've learned over the yrs. that many people don't understand E. and are afraid of a person that has sz. and that's one reason why they try and turn a person away and give different reasons.
I feel it's time for the public to realize that people with E. are just like your every day person and that we should be treated the same way as others. That's one reason why I speak up for those that have E. and I don't let people run us down.
If I may ask what AED's are you taking? I know that some AED's can also cause memory loss and my epi told me the more sz. a person has the more it affects the hippocampus. When I had my surgery they removed all of the right hippocampus and 75% of the RTL. I found out that all the sz. I had over the yrs. made the hippocampus become hard and it shrunk it that's one reason why my memory has been so bad.
I want you to know that I'm proud of you and every other person that has a medical problem but is still willing to work. You take care and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote