Thread: Vascular TOS
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 08:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Vascular TOS

Hello Everyone, I was diagnosed with TOS about 5-6years ago. I underwent so many tests, a year of physical therapy, and am now about to have surgery. I have been hitting the web for the last year and am not finding out hardly anything, this site has been a great help. I want to detail what is going on and hope someone has some feedback for me.

I have been told that the problem is that when my arms (both) are at a 90 degree angle or certain other positions the artery that feeds each arm is pinched off. I have gotten used to the numbness and not being able to do certain things, but now it is affecting my daily life, so surgery seems like the next step.

The doctor here in South Dakota has performed this operation many times and assures me there will be no complications except that my pec or chest area will be numb, also that it might not fix it, but it wont make anything worse.

I have decided to do only one arm for now, my left as I am right handed. My worry it that there will be problems, and since I work in IT I need my hands and arms, and as vain as it sounds I cant find out anything about that scar, I was told it would be above my collar bone, and not too large.

Can anyone talk to me about this, the worst thing in my medical past is a couple broken bones, this freaking me out.
JETJR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote