Old 10-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post

Maybe in the beginning of your post you should have said Shelley I am happy that you found some relief, good for you for continuing to search for a solution to your problems. Yeah that would have been nice.

So yes...I agree the thyroid does NOT cause TOS. But it sure can negatively affect it if you have a very bad one.

I will point you however to a TOP endo in Houston, Dr Rihda Arem that writes in his book The Thryoid Solution that he has seen a connection between neck injuries and thyroid problems. So I guess TOP endos can have differing opinions.

So we can agree to disagree and continue to help people with our personal experiences.

All the best Happy!

Thanks for sharing Shelley, This topic has long been a misinturpeted one. Several of us over the years have had the problems with the stangulation from a neck injury inciting the thyroid symptoms thus falring the TOS symptoms.

Same ol' same ol' from the same ol'
We either are on the train or not.....
Quote:
"So many times this comes up. There is absolutely no connection between the two. No way no how."

TOS has far too many variables to say for certain....and one doctor from another do not agree, how can we?

I am so very happy you have found relief.
It was really miserable there for you and broke my heart that you could not find relief. Although it meant another surgery. It seems worth it for you.

It also encourages me to follow up with my situation also..
Oh, and the delayed mamagram, and the almost three year put off of the you know what test, you know where!

Keep gettng better...
Dianne

PS TOS is affecting my eyesight too!

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote