Thread: back pain
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 09:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't know what kind of pain you are experiencing, but if it is at typical spine/disc/muscle kind of thing we all get by overexertion or other strain, it might just be that you hurt you back from poor posture. I find that I am often walking very lop-sided and twisted to take pressure off of my RSD foot. That’s harder now that it is spreading to the other leg as well, but you get the picture.

When we have poor posture in walking, standing, sitting, even lying down, we can throw the back into all sorts of painful conditions. After your MD rules out kidney problems or other thing mentioned here already, you might want to find a chiropractor or massage therapist familiar with RSD who can get you straight again.

If, on the other hand, you have other back pain – never mind that. I have quite a bit of pain on the scar where the electrodes for my SCS were implanted, and along the wires. It is also super-sensitive. People hear “back pain” and automatically think vertebrae and discs. If you are talking good ol’ RSD non-specific pain, yes it is very possible to get it there, like anywhere else.

Good luck,

Mike
bassman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote