View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thanks for all your advice, suddenly I don't feel quite so alone. I know my Mum has recently had her medication adjusted, but unfortunantly there has been little improvement, however god knows how bad she would be with none at all so I am just grateful that she is on something and that the side effects are not too bad.

I guess I glossed over how frail she seems at the moment. There is certainly no way she could participate in any kind of vigourous exercise I'm afraid, before the symptoms progressed she walked to work every day (about 2 miles) and would turn down any offer of a lift, people used to joke about seeing her power walking down the street listening to her i-pod! But recently she hasn't been able to manage the walk and she is now given a lift by a friend who works with her, she was referred to a physiotherapist twice, but both times was sent to see the same person who had no knowledge of Parkinsons or the problems related to it, so both times she gave it up.

I am going to try and have a chat with my Dad and explain how I feel, I know it's the cowards way out but maybe after talking to him I will be brave enough to talk to Mum. I just don't want to hurt her or upset her, she is so important to me and it breaks my heart to see her struggling away to try and maintain a 'normal' life.
lynn.diver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote