View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:34 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Red face

Alffe

I'd still be "up a river" if my arm gave out while casting. I wouldn't be able to pull or row myself in, and it would be very dangerous to faint in the river. If Ray weren't nearby, I'd have to scream for help. That would be VERY embarrassing, and strangers would probably lecture to me that I had no business being out there in the first place.

I really thought I had all my bases covered. I've been able to ignore pain and dysfunction in the past without losing it emotionally. Once I cross that threshold and become angry or frustrated with myself, all bets are off. It's a domino effect, and I become childlike - can't even remember simple things like how to make a phone call. There's NO WAY I want to put on such a display in public. Would you?

Fishing was fun, but it's not worth the possible humiliation. I'll work on gathering my strength to be able to sit on the shoreline with the fishermen - without pouting or feeling like I'm missing out on anything. Til then, he'll have to bury me out in the woods and dig me up when he's through.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote