View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's a tricky position to be in. Do you tell or not. Before, I've always been open and up front (I haven't been ashamed of my e or my surgery, it's a big part of me), but with the response I've gotten in the last few jobs I'm a lot more gunshy now. I've really gotten screwed in my last couple of jobs.
I take Topamax and an older anti depressant to control the mood swings that have been leftover from the surgery. Like Sue they took all of my hippocampus on my RTL during surgery and a little over half of the lobe itself.

I continue to work because we really need it financially, although with as much of a challenge as its been and as much of a hassle there have been times that my husband and I both wish I didn't have to bother with it anymore, but unfortunately that's not the case. I'm five years post op and am still paying for the surgery.