View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 02:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello, just wanted to say how I do appreciate all the people who post on this forum. Thank you, Steve for getting this particular thread started each week; it has been one of my favorites for some time now. I find something helpful each time I check in. Sometimes it is just knowing about the ordinary everyday things that life consists of that reminds me that there is more to life than just me and my PD. I've dropped in enough times that I consider you friends, as you share your insights, feelings, and questions. Lately, I've been feeling sort of selfish in taking all of this in while not contributing anything. Hopefully, that will change.

When I was first diagnosed, I was sad and scared. Then I thought I would just stay busy, work hard and perhaps the pd would go away if I ignored it (at least maybe not progress). My Dr. started me out right away with requip and after awhile I (my wife and family even more) was thinking the meds were worse than the desease. Now almost two years later I am disappointed with the drugs, the pd seems to have progressed faster than I expected. I have decided though that as long as possible I'm not letting pd have me but I'm going to do everything I can to keep on enjoying life.

One of the things I enjoy a great deal is this forum. I value the freedom to express my ideas and feelings with as much freedom as possible. I think this is made possible here, my thanks go to DocJohn and the moderators, also. I hope many people come here and particpate, at least at some point. I miss many of you when you don't show up. Someday, I hope I'm missed by someone.
Cando is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote