View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 06:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How do you get a dx...

I was hoping that someone may have been in the same situation that I am now in. I have been seeing a neurologist regarding symptoms that I thought might have been MS. He reluctantly gave me the test needed...MRI, blood test(I guess to rule out Lupus, etc). My concern is that if I call him up and tell him that I would like for him to look at me for Parkinsons Disease, he will think that I am just looking for an illness.

That is not the case. I don't feel good. I have many symptoms that just aren't normal. I have my nights/days mixed(sleep some during day, awake at night), tremors of hands are getting severe(for instance, I have noticed thqt in the last week and a half I have had a hard time grasping objects i.e. a pen, a butter knife, and a drinking glass, as well as having a hard time holdng papers in my hand{my hands shake enormously}), I have twitching of both hands, legs, mouth and for some reason I bite my tongue because of my mouth twitching, leg cramps, choke very easily(usually on liquids or even soft foods...it sees like they goo down the wrong tube), not sure if this an increase in saliva, but for over 3 yeaers my saliva is what I would cause thick at times. It almost looks like I have toothpaste in my mouth.?! Wierd, eh. Depression has huanted me for many years, but more recently because it is hard for me to do anything due to extreme fatigue. During my visit to the neuro, I told him that over the last 3 years, it has been so hard for me to take a shower. I have to do it in seperate settings. Usually shave and wash, then later come back and wash hair. Otherwise it will take me approx, 2 hours because I get so tired when doing anything strenuous. Also when I walk more than 20-30 minutes, my legs get very week and start to shake. I feel like I am literally going to fall and have several times. My husband thought I was just clumsy, but he notices an increase in my falls, dropping things and running into walls and couches, end tables, etc.

I guess what I am wondering is, do you think 1) this sounds like PD, 2) that my neuro would have already thought of PD since he was checking me for MS or 3) I should call my PCP or neuro and ask them about PD.

Please any help/suggestins/ideas/comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you inn advance.

Missy

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome '97, Chronic Sinusitis '97, Chronic Pain '04-present, Degenerative Disc Disease '86, Depression '88, Fibromyalgia '00, RLS+PLMD '04, Severe IBS '05 Non-Epileptic Seizure Disorder '08
hurtsobad73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote