View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 04:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Too many doctors, too little time

Today was a big doctor day for us.

By 8 am we were at the endocrinologist. Good news is that Carly put on 3 lbs and 1 1/2 inches. She is now 4'8 1/2" and 58 lbs. We did blood tests, bone x-ray to check on bone age, and genetic blood tests too. The geneticist is sending blood to Baylor to check on CDKL5 which is a Rett mutation.

Then it was off to Shriners. We needed new velco on the AFOs, follow up with the orthopedist, and then we were supposed to get her wheelchair back. They were "growing" it. We also tried out a new stander. Well, by 2 pm no wheelchair. They picked it up from our house yesterday so they would have it ready for today. They were still putting it together. Carly was having a very difficult time.

We had a break in between appointments (11:30- 1pm). So we went over to a local mall. She screamed if we weren't walking. And her yelling just echoed. I was getting her some lunch at the food court and the looks on people's faces.

I'm pretty upset from the whole day. The growth was great, the hip was fine. But, her behavior was just horrible. Worse than horrible.

I actually got one of the docs at Shriners to find some Risperdal (because I forgot it) and we gave it to her. She was slightly calmer on the ride home. There was much less head banging and less screaming. She did whine, but it wasn't the full effect.

I am whipped.