View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 10:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I go through periods of not sleeping well too. There are days, and sometimes weeks on end where I may sleep only 3-1/2 to 4 hours at a time. These make me feel like crud the next day, and of course this affects the quality of my work. My boss is understanding, so he's not making an issue about it, but I know that this has ruined some of the orders that customers have placed with my company. I feel like they have to run damage control after I've screwed up.

I noticed too that when I go through these non-sleeping periods that my legs are very active because my blanket and sheet are rolled up in a ball around my chin, or the blanket is hanging off the bed. When I'm sleeping well, the blanket is almost like I've just made the bed and turned down the blanket.

Speaking of dreams, mine are pretty vivid. I always had vivid dreams to a point where I could feel and hear the environment I was in. In one case I could feel the sun beating down on me as I was riding in a car. In another dream, I was trying very beautiful harpsichords, and I could hear each instrument clearly. (I have a virginal and clavichord so I know what they sound like). The dream I had last night was odd. I remember there was a car accident where a driver went head-on into a police cruiser. This took place on the old street where I used to live.

Sometimes, the dreams are bit scary, and the subjects one of two things. Tornados or bugs. The tornado dreams are so vivid, I can remember feeling the hair stand up on my neck, and I've gotten up and looked out the window to make sure there was nothing there. The bugs are bit much too. I'll get the the crawling itching feeling, and in the dream, are hundreds of ants, cockroachs, grasshoppers, beetles, and sometimes fleas running all over my arms.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the amount of Dopamine we have in our body when we go to sleep. The reason why I'm saying this is that I noticed that when I was going off soon, that was when I had the bad dreams and the restless legs. Now that the doctor has adjusted my Sinemet higher, I seem to be sleeping quieter. I'm not an expert; just making an observation.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote