View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I had terrible pain for two years before I started on Low Dose Naltrexone. That is a non-mainstream, compounded drug that some of us use off-label for MS. Unfortunatley it is not recommended with the interferons (Rebif, Avonex, Betaseron), but it can be combined with Copaxone (the other alternative injectible).

Many people report the flu-like feelings from the interferons in the beginning. I haven't been on them, but if you search around the boards, you will find good advice about how long the adjustment period is, etc. Copaxone doesn't seem to have that same flu-like effect on most people, but ultimately the trick is finding the right drug that works to help manage the disease. You probably won't know if Rebif is "the one" for several months yet though.

Before I started on LDN, I tried antidepressants for the severe fatigue I had. I wasn't depressed, but they thought A/D's were worth a try. They didn't help with the fatigue, but strangely, they did help somewhat with the pain.

How does your brother describe the pain; burning, electric shocks, stiffness, charlie horses . . . ?

Cherie