View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 01:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New to NeuroTalk but no Stranger to Vertigo

Hello All, I'm not only "newbie" to the NeuroTalk Forum but I'm also new to forums in general. I stumbled upon your website yesterday as I was researching Vertigo in hopes of finding someone who might offer some advise from experience or from knowledge. My story (I'll try to keep it short)-My first bout of Vertigo was in September of 1996 (1-2 minutes). The second, and by far the worse, was in October 1996 (1 day of spinning followed by 4 days of regaining my equilibrium). I didn't have another bout until May of 2000. Since then the episodes are infrequent and I can go for over a year without an episode or I can have several in one month. Most bouts last a few minutes and occur infrequently and are gone with no lingering effects until Monday which ebbs and flows. I did have an MRI and xrays in 2005 which found osteoarthritis in my neck. I believe the vertigo is associated with my neck and not my ears as the odd creeping, hood-like feeling radiates from the small of my neck and often feels like a tuning fork has been placed there. My doctor is flumuxed and has prescribed meclazine (half a tablet knocks me out) which I take as needed, usually on onset. I'm 51, perimenopausal, have never smoked, infrequently drink, hike most every weekend and walk a minimum of 60 minutes a day. I was diagnosed with essential tremors in 2001. I'm open to alternative medicine as I've seen chiropractors and acupunturists for other ailments in the past. Any advise?
Yeow! This did get a bit wordy.
Altitude Junkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote